From Demand-Driven Open Data
Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services (CMCS)
- Serves as CMS' focal point for the formulation, coordination, integration, implementation, and evaluation of all national program policies and operations relating to the Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- In partnership with States, evaluates the success of State agencies in carrying out their responsibilities for effective State program administration and beneficiary protection, and, as necessary, assists States in correcting problems and improving the quality of their operations.
- Identifies and proposes modifications to Medicaid and CHIP program measures, regulations, laws and policies to reflect changes or trends in the health care industry, program objectives, and the needs of Medicaid beneficiaries. Collaborates with the Office of Legislation on the development and advancement of new legislative initiatives and improvements.
- Serves as CMS' lead for management, oversight, budget and performance issues relating to Medicaid, CHIP, and the related interactions with the States.
- Coordinates with the Center for Program Integrity on the identification of program vulnerabilities and implementation of strategies to eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse.
- In conjunction with the Office of Public Engagement, oversees all CMS interactions and collaboration relating to Medicaid and CHIP with beneficiaries, States and territories and key stakeholders (e.g., health facilities and other health care providers, other Federal government entities, local governments) and communication and dissemination of policies, guidance and materials to same to understand their perspectives, support their efforts, and to drive best practices for beneficiaries, in States and throughout the health care industry.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan, objectives and measures to carry out CMS' Medicaid and CHIP mission and goals and position the organization to meet future challenges with the Medicaid and CHIP programs.
- Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program Strategy & Support
- Children and Adults Health Programs Group
- Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group
- Data and Systems Group
- Financial Management Group
- Intergovernmental and External Affairs Group
- Operations Services Group
- State Demonstrations Group
Pages in category "HHS-CMS-CMCS"
This category contains only the following page.